Workshop Technician in Design and Technology Department
Terms and Conditions
5 hours per week, hours by negotiation, term time only.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible.
Salary: Grade 5 point 14 (£1,888.73pa)
To support primarily in the Resistant Materials workshop with the preparation of materials, maintenance of tools and equipment, preparation of resources, sourcing and ordering goods and equipment and the monitoring of Health and Safety regulations.
You will be required to help to maintain a safe environment and either hold, or be willing to train for, qualifications to operate large woodwork machinery.
Head of Department
- Prepare materials for lessons in a timely manner
- Maintenance / repair of equipment; liaise with external agencies regarding the servicing and repair of equipment / machines
- Provide technical support to departmental colleagues where required
- Ensure materials are safely stored
- Liaise with teachers about materials/equipment where required
- Other appropriate tasks where requested by the subject teacher or Head of Department
Completed applications forms (available on the ‘Staff Vacancies’ page of the school website) should be submitted to Miss F. Adley, PA to Head of School at email@example.com