Public Speaking CompetitionPosted on: 15/06/2020
Guidlines for House Public Speaking Competition 2020
- Prepare a short speech on a topic of your choice, that will last no longer than 2 minutes.
- Think about how you construct your speech: use humour, where appropriate; rhetorical questions; repetition and other devices to help get your points across.
- Think about how you give your speech: sitting or standing; use body language; gestures; facial expressions to enhance the content and presentation of your speech.
- Practice! And again! Then record it.
- You should be in School Uniform in your speech and recordings should be done against a neutral backdrop, in a public space such as a living room or kitchen, or even outdoors.
- Please ensure you have permission from your parents to take part and use your school email address to submit your entry. Entries from personal email addresses will NOT be accepted.
- All video entries should be submitted by email to Mrs Minell and Miss Robertson:
Deadline is Friday 26th June 2020
Go For It!