Rising Year 7 Transition
A very warm welcome to all our new Rising Y7 students!
We understand that starting secondary school is a very exciting time, but also one that can be a bit worrying for students, as well as their parents. At Didcot Girls’ School, we aim to make the transition process as smooth and enjoyable as possible, by working closely with the students, their parents or carers, and the primary schools. This helps all those involved to feel excited and confident about joining the DGS community.
Our transition events and activities usually take place during the spring and summer months. However, due to the current Covid-19 situation, the times and formats of these may change. We will keep parents informed of how and when these will take place as soon as we can.
Our transition process includes:
- Our transition team gathering information from the primary schools.
- A visit to the DAP (Didcot Area Partnership) primary schools from a member of our transition team.
- An opportunity for those students attending a primary school outside of the DAP to visit our school.
- A Welcome Evening for students and parents.
- Two Induction Days, which give students a fantastic opportunity to experience life at DGS.
- An Information for New Students booklet.
- An introduction from your Head of Year and Student Manager.
- A Transition Activity Booklet for students to have fun with at home.
- A range of resources, including a Virtual Tour, an Introduction to Transition and Year 7, a Staff Welcome Video and much more – these can be found on the link below.