JOB DESCRIPTION: Out of Hours Cleaner
Reporting to: Cleaning Supervisor
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide a complete cleaning service at our School. Duties will include; cleaning classrooms, halls, corridors, toilets, doors, offices and staff rooms.
The duties of the post holder will usually include the following:
1. To be responsible for all cleaning within their allocated areas
2. To use cleaning materials as provided.
3. To operate cleaning machinery in cleaning soft and hard surfaces, eg. Vacuum cleaners and, occasionally, polishers.
4. Duties to include the following:
- Vacuum cleaning hard and soft floors
- Cleaning toilets including tap fittings and surrounds etc.
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments
- Undertake occasional wall washing or inside window pane cleaning, washing/polishing door glass.
- Emptying & cleaning waste bins
- Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) as required
- Checking and closing windows, switching off lights & un-setting / setting an alarm Reporting defects / hazards as required
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time
Notes: During periods when the school is closed, routine deep cleaning is undertaken for the weeks as per the individuals contract
- To continue personal development and participate in ongoing training as required
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection, Health and Safety and security, confidentiality and data protection.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The school will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employees who develop a disabling condition.
This job description is current at the date shown, but in consultation with you, may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
- Able to communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Agreement to undertake a Disclosure & Barring check
- Ability to prioritise work and work in an organised manner
- Ability to manage time
- Willing to undertake training course that are relevant to the duties of the post or are required for Health and Safety reasons
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality on all school matters
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Initiative and the ability to work without supervision, but also to work as part of a team
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post
- Take pride in a job well done
- Willingness to work flexibly on occasions
- Must be in good health
- Must be of smart appearance with excellent personal hygiene standards
- Experience of cleaning
- Some knowledge of Health & Safety within the workplace
· Grade 1
A satisfactory enhanced disclosure certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required before appointment to this post can be confirmed