Friends of Didcot Girls' School
Friends of Didcot Girls’ School are an independent group of parents, carers, staff and supporters from the local community wishing to offer appropriate support or help to the school.
We are a group of individuals who want to work together to provide the best we can for both the students and DGS.
The majority of the current members of FoDGS need to stand down either due to other commitments or their children no longer attending DGS. Therefore, it is important to continue the good work they have started and re-establish a solid group of people to work together.
Since the success of DGS Fest back in September we have been able to provide over £4500.00 of funding for the following additional resources for the school, they are either already in use or have been ordered and we are awaiting delivery:
- A greenhouse to help students studying biology to grow plants,
- Help to repair a badge press in the Resistant Materials department,
- Desk top easels and an A1 drying rack to help the Art students extend their creativity,
- An SLR camera for the whole school to use to capture memories and occasions,
- A video camera for the School Council to create promotional and charity videos and for the whole school to record events and work as needed,
- Reading prizes for the Reading for Pleasure competitions,
- Committee badges for the year group committees to allow students and staff to recognise representatives,
- Two outdoor notice boards to enable students to see clearly information and events that are taking place in the DGS community,
- House Trophies for House competitions that take place throughout the year,
- A gallery hanging system to professionally display students’ art.
- A laptop in Learning Support for students with mobility or motor difficulties, dyslexia and students who are recovering from hand/arm surgery/injury.
Additionally, with very little work we are able to continue raising funds for DGS with the Friends 500 lottery.
Since re-launching it in September we already have over £550 waiting to be used on other school projects. That means that after the next draw which takes place this Friday 29th January we will also have given back over £550 in prize money. Please sign up to support DGS, for only £2 per month or £24 annually in advance it really is so easy to do. Please find the application form in the documents section of this page
Thank you for your continued support.
We would also like to bring to your attention the re-launch of Friends 500. Please see the link to the right for further details on winning a monthly 1st prize of up to £250.00 for only £2.00 per month!
Recent winners can be found here.
Another way to help with fundraising for the school is to sign up to EasyFundraising.org.uk. When you shop online just click on the Easy Fundraising link on the Didcot Girls’ School Homepage and take two minutes to fill in your details, then use the pop-up reminder to see if the online store you want to use supports the scheme.
We also plan to support events that the school puts on by offering refreshments and are open to any other fundraising ideas that YOU may have!
Thank you for supporting
the Friends of DGS and Didcot Girls’ School
Last Updated: 12 October 2015
Should you have any queries please contact Lisa Turner on email@example.com