Headteacher of Didcot Girls' School
Dates: Apply by Wednesday 22nd January; Job start 1st May or 1st September 2020
Salary: Group 7; LT 30-36
Contract type: Full Time and Permanent
Didcot Girls’ School is a dynamic school. In December 2015, the school was judged to be Outstanding. As Ofsted recognised, we invest in all of our staff: ‘Staff have exceptional opportunities for professional development. Staff feel valued and really like working in the school. Morale is very high.'
Since then, the school has moved from strength to strength. Accredited as a Teaching School in July 2017, Didcot Girls’ School is a member of Oxfordshire Teaching Schools’ Alliance with a lead role in the professional development of staff. With sponsor status, the school is a capacity-giver and key member of our growing trust, Ridgeway Education Trust. Outcomes have been exceptional over many years: our P8 score of +0.72 in 2019 places the school, once more, in the top 3% of schools nationally.
We are a values-driven school, committed to high quality teaching and learning and respectful relationships within an inclusive learning community. Developing stimulating teaching and learning is at the centre of our school development work. Our mission is to ensure that all girls’ education enables all of our students to develop their own voice alongside high levels of aspiration: our focus on student leadership is distinctive and creates a particular and compelling ethos.
Ridgeway Education Trust is a 3-19 Trust serving 2,500 children and young people. The Trust currently comprises Didcot Girls’ School, St Birinus Boys’ School, with whom we share a mixed sixth form of 300 students, and Sutton Courtenay CofE Primary School. We are realising the huge potential of developing a seamless 3-19 curriculum across the Trust.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and ambitious leader who is excited by the opportunity to lead an outstanding school in a thriving trust. We welcome applications from men and women who are committed to girls’ education. Working with the Executive Headteacher, and as a member of the RET Executive Team, you will share our vision for an inclusive school with exceptionally high standards. You will develop our strong and distinctive ethos as an all-girls’ school with superb teaching and learning, impeccable behaviour based on mutual respect, and a vibrant extra-curricular programme. You will see the huge potential of leading an outstanding school with a large mixed sixth form and a close relationship with the other Trust schools. Our aspiration is to be world class and we seek someone with a similar passion and belief in what we can achieve. There are exciting opportunities for the successful candidate’s professional development, working within this vibrant and collaborative partnership.
We are looking to appoint a leader who has:
- the drive and ambition to continue to move the school forward and manage change effectively whilst realising a compelling vision for the future;
- a passion for learning that creates the best environment for fulfilling outcomes and ensuring that all young people achieve their full potential;
- the ability to realise and release the potential of all staff and students at the school and to continually invest in their development;
- the character and skills to work collaboratively and effectively with all stakeholders, both within and outside the Trust, engaging successfully with the rich science and business community in Didcot and the surrounding area;
- a strong grasp of strategic planning and an understanding of financial management.
We can offer the opportunity:
- to shape the future of a school with a distinctive all girls’ context and a large mixed sixth form in a successful 3-19 Trust which serves a diverse community;
- to work with a motivated team of supportive and committed staff who passionately believe that every child matters;
- to shape the future of the Teaching School in partnership with the Director of Teaching School and the Oxfordshire Teaching Schools Alliance;
- to benefit from excellent support for the financial and estates management of the school from our central services support teams ably led by the Director of Finance & Services
- for continued professional development for a first-time Headteacher through close mentoring and support from the Executive Headteacher;
- for continued professional development for an experienced Headteacher who is interested in possible CEO roles in the future from the Executive Headteacher.
School Tours: We welcome visits to the school prior to application. Please contact Frances Adley, PA to the Executive Headteacher, on 01235 750 472 or email email@example.com to arrange a tour.
Interviews: Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th January
Didcot Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.
11-18 School: 1494 students on roll including 186 girls in the Sixth Form.