We have an exciting opportunity for a school chef to join our excellent catering team
Didcot Girls’ School Chef
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
35 hours per week, term time + inset days. Permanent position with a start date of as soon as possible. Grade 5 point 14-17 (£13,569 - £14,370 per annum).
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
To run the kitchen and dining hall on a day to day basis by cooking high quality, nutritious meals and day to day supervision of staff. Ensuing that food and hospitality is of a high quality, offering good value for money to the school children, staff and visitors.
CONTRACT TERMS AND DUTIES
This role must be performed in accordance with the provisions of the terms and conditions of employment of the Ridgeway Education Trust
Senior Catering Manager
- To lead in the preparation and cooking of mail meals for the school ensuring a varied menu of hot food and snacks is available.
- Supporting the Senior Catering Manager in the planning of menus, ordering of supplies and checking of deliveries.
- Ensuring that food is ready on time to meet the needs of the school.
- To weigh up ingredients daily as required for meal preparation and ensure good rotation of dry, fresh and frozen goods.
- To operate flexibly to ensure hospitality is provided as and when needs for events such as open events and celebrations.
- To ensure the use of correct work methods and practice by all kitchen staff and that the laid down legal standards of kitchen and personal hygiene and for health and safety are maintained at all times.
- To ensure cleanliness and suitability of kitchen and dining premises and equipment at all times.
- To ensure that all equipment is kept in good working order and that repair and maintenance is carried out or reported as necessary.
- To operate the kitchen stores, including stock control, commodity records and security.
- To deputise for the Senior Catering Manager in his / her absence
For more information and an application form please click here