Free School Meals
Is my child eligible?
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals. If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (secondary school) they are in on 31 March 2023.
FSM Provision for School Holidays
The school will continue to provide support for pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) during any school holiday period as part of the Government's Household Support Fund.
Ridgeway Education Trust will provide this support in the form of supermarket vouchers which will be issued electronically in the week prior to any holiday period.
How to apply
If you believe you are eligible and haven’t already done so, please complete the Application Free School Meals Form 2022 which will enable us then to run a check to confirm entitlement.
When to apply
You should apply when you first start to receive benefit as claims are not backdated. Your eligibility will be reviewed on occasion. You should notify the school immediately if any changes occur to your benefits. For more information, please email Mrs Hardiman: email@example.com.