Switch Off FortnightPosted on: 17/11/2020
DGS is taking part in Switch-Off Fortnight from Monday 16th November to Friday 27th of November. Here are some handy tips on how to save energy in your home:
- When you leave a room - switch off the lights!
- When you have finished using a device - switch if off! Don't leave it on standby.
- If you are making a hot chocolate or a cup of tea, only boil the amount of water you need.
- Put your laundry on a cool wash.
- Put on more layers, don't turn the heating up unless you really need to.
If you want to calculate how much energy you are using in your home, visit http://www.jointhepod.org/ and find an energy audit and calculator.